Image Attribution

(Owlet header image found via a Google Image search, and came from Etsy artist Bestiary Ink)

17 January 2012

What I'm Reading Now: January 17, 2012

I've missed several of the books I've read for this little series. I don't know what happened! Also, I started this book at the end of December 2011, but only thought about this today, when I'm more than half-way through. Alas, I'll get back on my game. I'm currently reading The Marriage Plot, Jeffrey Eugenides' new novel. It's interesting. I think my expectations, unfortunately, were for a second coming of Middlesex, which this is not. But Eugenides is such a gifted writer, that even though it's not "the same" it's still a very pleasurable read. I don't as much care about the characters as I did in Middlesex (or as I usually like to when I'm reading), but I'm still entirely compelled by the narrative. This is the first 2012 book for my online virtual book club, Reading Without Borders. In February we'll be reading Bloodroot by Amy Greene. Care to join us? Leave me a comment with your contact info, or shoot me an email. I'm hoping I finish this one with enough time to get another book in this month to keep me on track for my 2012 reading challenge!

Anyway, here I am, sneaking in a few pages in the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment