Image Attribution

(Owlet header image found via a Google Image search, and came from Etsy artist Bestiary Ink)

06 July 2011

More Pottery Love

Oh my glorious pottery, this stuff is beautiful.


My love for ceramics is no secret, so I obviously had to read more when I saw this post on Design*Sponge this morning. So glad I did. I'm in love with the rich, warm, earthy colors and artful utility of these stunning pieces by artist Janet Williams. Williams has been making pottery for more than 40 years, almost exclusively in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Her work is inspired by the landscape and culture of the Southwest, yet has its own distinct voice and identity from other classic Southwest-style art. Each piece is wheel-thrown and glazed by hand, so no two pieces are the same. Bonus: all of her work is dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe.







I already want several of these pieces... friends and family getting married/having anniversaries or birthdays/generally loved by me better watch out... I want to buy the whole collection! View it all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment