Image Attribution

(Owlet header image found via a Google Image search, and came from Etsy artist Bestiary Ink)

23 August 2011

A New Book Already

I highly recommend The Motel Life which I read in less than 24 hours. A real story, with real characters, and a pace of writing that was like a lighter-mooded Bukowski (read: easier to swallow). Very masculine, but very lyrical at the same time. It was a great change of pace, very entertaining, and while not upbeat in the least, sprinkled with true comedy and charm and whit.

So, I finished that and am on to the next.


Do you use Goodreads? It's basically Facebook for book nerds (so obviously I'm an active "member"). In January I decided, for the first time, to give myself a reading challenge for 2011. I am a good reader, but I often find at the end of the calendar year that I haven't read *as many* books as I thought I did. So via Goodreads I signed myself up for the 2011 Reading Challenge, and set the goal of reading 20 books in the calendar year. According to my tracker, I'm 5 books ahead of schedule! (NERD!)

I recommend Goodreads highly. It's a great way to find books to read, connect with other like-minded readers, track your own reading, record your reading thoughts... I use the "review" option after finishing a book to write something that will help me remember why I liked what I read when I read it. You know how you often remember you loved a book, but can't quite call up the story itself after some time has gone by? You just know you really liked it. This is helpful. Anyway, that's me.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment