Image Attribution

(Owlet header image found via a Google Image search, and came from Etsy artist Bestiary Ink)

10 October 2011

What I'm Reading Now: October 10, 2011

I finished The Borrower last week and started up on Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand. This is the October book for my virtual book club, Reading Without Borders. I had been waiting for this book to show up either on my Paperback Swap online, or on my hold list at the library, but it hadn't, so I decided to suck it up and buy a copy - it was already a week into October, and this is a long book! There's a great little used-and-new bookshop behind my office called After-Words. I popped in on a lunch break and when I told the man who greeted me what I was looking for, he got a very pleased look on his face and proclaimed that 'boy was I in luck.' Sure enough, someone had just dropped off a used copy that day. It hadn't even been shelved or priced yet. Winner.


In other nerdy news, back in January I set myself a goal via GoodReads to read at least 20 books in 2011. As of last week, I've met my goal and am actually five books ahead of schedule. Nerd: OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment