Image Attribution

(Owlet header image found via a Google Image search, and came from Etsy artist Bestiary Ink)

27 September 2011

What I'm Reading Now: September 27, 2011

Today's my half-birthday - yes, I celebrate my half-birthday. I just realized that by adding the date into this post title, so sorry for that side note, but I feel it warranted acknowledgment. I will never be one of those people who loathes their birthdays.

Anyway, I finished The Other Side of the Bridge last week and really really enjoyed it. Just an absolutely painfully real story of people and relationships. One of the elements of this book that struck me the most was the writing itself. It quite literally took my breath away many times.

And now I'm onto my next read: The Borrower, by Rebecca Makkai.


In other nerdy news, I was contacted by a publisher about a week and a half ago who found my Reading Without Borders blog by way of searching for the title of a book he's involved in. He asked me if I wanted a copy of Zone One to read and review, and I said, why not?! So, I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of this book so I can dig my nails into *real* reviewing! Hopefully, it's actually coming. That could be fun! Speaking of Reading Without Borders, come join us! We're reading Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand for October. Let me know if you'd like to get in on the discussion!


No comments:

Post a Comment