Image Attribution

(Owlet header image found via a Google Image search, and came from Etsy artist Bestiary Ink)

11 April 2011

Water for Elephants

The minute I heard they were filming the cinematic version of Sara Gruen's Water for Elephants, I could not wait for the final product to be up on the big screen. I loved loved loved the book and remember commenting during my then-book club discussion of it that it would make a great movie. When I heard about the casting choices, I was even more excited. In my mind's eye, the players fit the characters nearly perfectly. Though I submit Ryan Gosling would also have matched my image of the lead role. Anyway, I digress. I'm excited for this movie, and while the images that were released while they were filming it got me all amped up, the now-released trailer and previews and endless interviews thanks to the happening-now press tour have me inching ever closer to the edge of my seat. It's going to be great. It's a great story. And the images are stunning.

Thanks to Habitually Chic, I will also be grabbing up a copy of the May issue of Vogue on my way home from work tonight, as beautiful Reese Witherspoon is gracing its cover.


The sneak-peak images from the article and spread within are even more fabulous. If ever you ought to fall in love with the traveling circus, now is the time. The only word to describe this is perfection:

(Photos by Peter Lindbergh for Vogue)


Absolutely breathtaking!


If you haven't yet, do yourself a favor and read the book. I have a feeling this will be one of those where reading the book won't necessarily help you when you're watching the movie, because the story is just that compelling, but trust me - the book is an amazing piece of contemporary fiction and timeless story-telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment